Friday, October 9, 2009

Taxing Soda?!?

Recently I've noticed news about taxing Soda. Really America? I guess I kinda maybe vaguely understand what they are trying to do here...but seriously. I think it's ridiculous that the government wants to turn into our parents and nanny us. There is the trans fat ban. Which I think is just ridiculous. If people are in a bakery ordering cake, I don't think any moron is under the assumption that is healthy.
Now it's soda we're going to tax. First of all I rarely drink soda. When I do drink soda, I don't want to drink diet, it's full of unhealthy unnatural artificial sweeteners. Secondly taxing soda isn't going to change a thing. They already tax cigarettes and alcohol and that hasn't really changed anything has it?
I'm tired of this nanny state crap. The government gets too involved with this. There is this story that made me irate. An overweight TEENAGER was taken away from his mother, and charged with neglect! Seriously! Something needs to change in this country, and unfortunately it's the kinda of change that is being proposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment